Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Quick Plot

I had some time on my hands, so I decided to do a quick plot summary of the LN I'll be working on over the break. There still needs to be much refining, however I am pretty happy about the foundation for this.

MC is not a standout character in any way. Bitter, sarcastic, and a frustrated with the people around him, he's drafted into a war when his country snaps and invades a neighboring state. After serving a couple of weeks on the front, he is forced into a predicament when his company retreats without him when the enemy attacks their base camp, leaving him alone and stranded. Cynical and angry, he attempts to make it back towards his country past burned out villages, enemy outposts, and minefields . During his adventure, he meets new people, and opportunities arise to prove his ideology false and to contest his claims about humanity.Through a journey through the war torn country he fought in, he begins to form a new image of humanity, and perhaps develops a sense of compassion towards his fellow human beings, but at the same time, witness the cruel inhumane actions that others may take in times of adversity. No matter the encounters, MC emerges from his journey a changed man, and perhaps with a couple new important people in his heart.

I'll kink out setting, characters, and overall themes too. I just wanted to make sure that I was accomplishing something.

Thanks for reading, and feel free to give your thoughts and show others if you wish,

-Yuan-Huei

No comments:

Post a Comment